Print this list and check off the boxes. Click here for a printable version.
- One shirt for each day, plus one extra in case of spills
- Drycleaned and pressed slacks
- Appropriate outerwear (check the weather)
- Something comfortable to wear downstairs to the hotel breakfast buffet, while traveling home, etc.
- Laptop charger
- Phone charger
- Adapter for A/V
- Portable speakers in case of A/V failure
- Powerpoint clicker
- Dry erase markers
Printed materials in a folder
- 3 copies of CV
- Printed schedule
- Sample syllabi
- Faculty bio/photo cheat sheet
- Extra paper for note-taking
- Job talk script
- Lesson plans
- Copies of handouts
- Snack bars
- Water bottle
- Pen, pencil, highlighter
- Hair dryer (I once stayed somewhere without one)
- Contact lens case
- Face wipes, for quick freshening up (e.g., after flight, before faculty pick-up)
- Cough drops, painkillers, allergy medicine, etc.
- Any job search handbooks that you might want to reference last-minute
Suggestions? Contact me to add them.